Help us to help you!

Our aim is to offer you the best service possible, to do this we need to know: (1.) Joomla! version (2.) Server type (3.) Editor version (4.) JCK Manager version and (5.) any error messages you may have. For help in finding errors please - click here…We would also invite you to read our form rules before posting - read more…

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Forum is locked
File Browser doesn't work Forum is locked
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
This is a list on known issues that will be addressed in the next official version release.
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: File Browser doesn't work
File Browser doesn't work 3 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
I just cannot seem to get the File Browser to work - If I click on the small "image" icon (next to the 'flash' icon) the Image Properties window pops up... then if I click "Browse Server' the window pops up but is blank, says the Resource type is <not set> with a pulldown but no other options. The 'send it to the server' button is also dead. This was my experience in a new Joomla 1.6 install on a server, so I have tried a new install on localhost (WAMP server) and receive exactly the same issue.
I notice if I click on the larger Image button below the editing window (the button next to the Article button) then everything seems to work as it should, so what is happening with the small Image icon?

This may or may not be relevant but I also have error messages above the editor as follows:
Notice: Undefined index: client in C:\wamp\www\joomla16test\plugins\editors\jckeditor\jckeditor\includes\ckeditor\session\session.php on line 18

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in C:\wamp\www\joomla16test\plugins\editors\jckeditor\jckeditor\includes\ckeditor\htmlwriter\helper.php on line 38

On my localhost I am using Joomla 1.6.0, PHP 5.3.0, all directories are reporting 'writeable', JoomlaCK 3.4.5

I have tried in IE 8.0.6001 and Firefox 3.6.11 with the same result and as I said the same result on a live server AND localhost with fresh installs and no other extensions installed.

This seems to be a common issue but I have not found an answer in all the other posts.
I saw one repsonse that said the 'live site' variable is required in the configuration.php - I have tried adding this on both installs but no change..?

Any ideas??
Mark Webster
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2011/02/22 12:26 By Paul.F.
The topic has been locked.

Re: File Browser doesn't work 3 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 32
Hi intouchweb,

Thank you for your post.

Upon reading your post this morning, i installed our latest version (3.4.5) on to a fresh installation of Joomla 1.6 and wasn't able to reproduce the issue as reported. Everything thing seam to be working please see attached screen-shot.

Working is Joomla 1.6 JCK 3.4.5

I know that there were some real issue with your PHP which was the first release in the 5.3x serious. But to really to understand your problem we need to know a bit more about your servers configuration.

If you would like I will be happy to take a look, if so can you give me super admin access to your server? Can can email this to us support[at]joomlackeditor.com.

Thanks,

Paul
Paul (Team Member)
Administrator
graph
Gender: Male webxsolution.com Location: London Birthday: 12/09
Last Edit: 2011/02/18 09:39 By Paul.F.

Kindest regards,

Paul Franklin

If you use JCK Editor, please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Re: File Browser doesn't work 3 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Thank you Paul, details sent to support[at]joomlackeditor.com

According to Joomla the PHP version on the live server is 5.2.17

The version on my localhost is 5.3.0

The problem was identical in both cases.

Appreciate your assistance in resolving thre issue.

Mark
Mark Webster
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2011/02/18 12:59 By intouchweb.Reason: More info

I also installed joomlack 3.4.5 on a fresh Joomla 1.6 installation and get the same result as most of the people here in the forum - there is nothing shown but Resource Type "Not Set" and an empty window with the buttons on the bottom side. I've tried everything from setting correct directory rights (which should not be needed on a Windows Server 2008 machine), exchanging PHP-files to setting variables. Every other PHP-script runs on this server (I'm running multiple sites on my server) but I get no error whatsoever - neither in a Javascript debugger not anywhere else.
Sandro Lange
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Hi Mark (aka intouchweb),

In being prudent i tested your site and reinstall the editor and as the describe the Resource Type is <Not Set>. The problem is that i cannot reproduce the problem on our servers.

Can you give me the ftp details for the site so i can look at the files?

Thanks,

Paul
Paul (Team Member)
Administrator
graph
Last Edit: 2011/02/18 14:54 By Paul.F.

Kindest regards,

Paul Franklin

If you use JCK Editor, please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Re: File Browser doesn't work 3 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 1
Hi, Paul

I, too, am experiencing this issue. From what I can tell, it has to do with the new permissions of 1.6. When I set my user to Super Admin, I'm able to browse the directory. Any permission other than Super, forces the file browser to display "Not Set" under the Resource Type.

I've attempted to make a new group as well deliberately specify allow permissions to my user group "Publisher" but have yet to come up with a working solution. If you would like to use my system as a test-bed, feel free to message me and I will grant you access to the system.

Regards,

Garrett
Garrett Collier
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

@Garrett:
My User is set to "Super User" and "Administrator" - however, I'm still experiencing this issue.
Sandro Lange
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: File Browser doesn't work 3 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 1
McTristan wrote:
@Garrett:
My User is set to "Super User" and "Administrator" - however, I'm still experiencing this issue.

Have you tried with only "Super User"?
Garrett Collier
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

yes in fact I added "Administrator" after I saw you talking about Super Administrator
Sandro Lange
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Yes - it could be a joomla 1.6 user permission issues. In other words Joomla may not be permitting your user group to view or access images/files.

It could be that you will need to upgrade the permissions of the your user account to view your image and files in the File Browser.
Paul (Team Member)
Administrator
graph
Last Edit: 2011/02/21 12:30 By Paul.F.

Kindest regards,

Paul Franklin

There is only "Super Users" and my user(s) are already in this group and it is not working.
Sandro Lange
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123